About ABATE of Wisconsin, Inc.
ABATE of Wisconsin, Inc. is a motorcycle rights and safety organization (not a club) dedicated to "Freedom of the Road."
ABATE of Wisconsin's goal is to give the motorcyclists of Wisconsin a strong, united voice with regard to their future, their way of life, their safety, and their legal rights as motorcyclists and citizens.
ABATE of Wisconsin, since it's beginning in the 1970's, has worked on issues such as mandatory helmet and seat belt use laws, angle parking restriction, motorcycle equipment restrictions, promoting Rider Safety Courses, license renewal policies, and more.
ABATE of Wisconsin, Inc., at the present time, is working on:
- Actively opposing mandatory helmet and seat belt laws, not because we are against their use, but because, as a precedent, they set the stage for unlimited meddling of government in the personal lives of private citizens.
- Proposing legislation that will provide funds to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for the motorcycle safety education and driver awareness programs.
- Eliminating discrimination of motorcyclists in public establishments.
- Poker Runs
- Blood Drives
- Cycle Shows
- Food and Toy Drives
- Swap Meets
- Rider Information
- Veterans Information
- Charity Fund-raisers
We as Free People
There are scores of actions each one of us can take to improve our health, increase our longevity, and prevent personal catastrophe. The question is: Are these decisions and choices we, as free people, should make, or are we to relinquish these rights and accept the dictates of a patronizing government whose collective wisdom suggests we, as individuals, are incapable of setting our own priorities and controlling our own lives?
ABATE of Wisconsin, Inc., hopes that this introduction has given you a better understanding of our organization. We invite any comments or questions. Thank you for your interest.
How does ABATE function?
- Funding Through Membership
- Active Membership
Why does ABATE exist?
- Legislative Action
- Collect and Disseminate Information
- United Voice